November 23, 2009

Canadian Folk Music Award


I just spent the weekend out in Ottawa. I was there for the 2009 CFMAs where I was up for 'Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year'.

So there I was sitting in my jeans and green army jacket, thinking I don't have to be all dressed up because I won't be winning tonight, I just came to shake some hands and play the showcases. I mean come on; Buffy Sainte Marie, Eagle and Hawk and Tanya Tagaq were all up for it too, so I was like, NO Way!

I was sitting next to my good friend Vince (The Co-founder and guitar player of Eagle and Hawk) and they called my name. I just looked over at him and said "WHAT!!!?!?!" I ran up, gave Shelagh Rogers (A host on CBC radio one and presenter) a big hug and gave a quick little thanks to all.

It was a pretty cool moment and one I'll not soon forget!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, awesome,amazing, exciting and oh so well deserved. Congratulations
Anna Magyar

Terry's Girl said...

Don...What a wonderful moment that must have been for you.
Congrats on your accomplishment....funny how things happen when you don't expect, makes it all the sweeter.

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt this will not be the last !
Your hard work is showing and you are being rewarded for going after your dreams with full force. I am inspired.

pamero said...

I'm just glad it's pretty. ha ha. And heavy. ;) Nice one, Don. You are good.

Kim O said...

yay! Donald!! I'm so proud of you!!

beckster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beckster said...

Woot! Way to go Donald! I think you should start carrying it around with you, maybe attach it to your key chain or something, just to show it off! ha ha

Linda said...

What an honour! And your interview with Margo Watt the next day was great. You were good!